Working from home? Is your computer secure??02 Apr 2020, Posted by Latest News in
It is no surprise that cyber-criminals are attempting to capitalise on the COVID-19 global outbreak making it a crucial time for individuals and businesses to remain vigilant to the threat of exploitation at our most vulnerable.
As many businesses start to “work-from-home” and people spend even more time online, a massive amount of COVID-19 related information rises from different sources (some not trusted) leaving networks, personal information and data in a riskier position than ever.
Tips on how to avoid COVID-19 scams and cyber-attacks:
- Avoid clicking on any links or downloading any attachments in unsolicited emails or texts from unknown sources, or even in trusted sources unless you’re absolutely sure that the message is authentic.
- Ignore communications that ask for your personal information. If necessary, verify the contents of the message with the apparent sender or the organisation that they (seemingly) represent, and do so via a different medium than the received message.
- Be especially wary of emails that add to the sense of alarm and urge you to take immediate action or offer COVID-19 vaccines or cures.
- Look out for fraudulent charities or crowdfunding campaigns.
- Use reputable multi-layered security software that includes protection against phishing.
During this global challenging times, we want you to know that we are here to support and protect you.
Contact us for our Internet Security package installation today
Future IT’s Internet Security Package Includes:
- One year Internet Security/Antivirus Subscription including updates (also includes Parental Security tools and Anti-theft functionality for portable devices)
- Remote Installation
All for only $155.00 incl GST per licence for a limited time- RRP $210.00
For multi-user licences please ask for our discounted prices.
Stay healthy out there and enjoy safer technology!
From the Future IT Team